Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tagging and things that taste good.

Tags fascinate me. The idea that users can create their own way to categorize information, either that the create or that the find, for some reason really captivates me. I have spent more hours than I'd like to admit going through Flickr and just seeing what people have tagged things with, then following those tags to other pictures. It is easy to get lost in that, looking from one picture set to another. I'm very glad our project for this class is on tagging, as it is something that I think will continue to become more and more used as time goes on.

Del.icio.us would be very useful if I needed to have more than one computer set up, like one at home and one at work, where I could access my bookmarks from both. I had an account a year ago, but never updated it when Firefox came out with a new version (slacker!). At my current job I don't really need/get to look at the Internet very much, but for school, especially my reference class, it would be a great alternative to just bookmarking websites I think will be useful in the future. Perhaps I should dust off my account...

No comments:

Post a Comment