Sunday, October 11, 2009

It is the Thing that is a Library

I'm glad for this thing, as it made me finally get around to creating an account on LibraryThing. I've been putting it off for some reason, and since our project deals with tagging and Librarything, this will be another thing I can cross off my list.

I was surprised that more people have not added Gaiman's new book to their lists, after the popularity of The Graveyard Book. I am in the process of reading Odd and the Frost Giants to my wife and unborn daughter, and it is such a great read so far. We are all (well I hope all) enjoying it a great deal.

LibraryThing is a neat tool, and I can see how librarians could use it to encourage their readers to create their own pages to talk about what they have read. There is also some really neat message boards on the site, and it looks like a great community of people that frequent the website. I look forward to my time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment