Sunday, October 11, 2009

Myspace vs Facebook.

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I have created accounts on both of these networks. I was slow to do anything with either of them, as I felt like they were just for kids. Myspace seemed to be full of spam and very very ugly interface. Facebook is much more enjoyable, and many of my college and even high school friends have an active presence there. My wife and I use Facebook to send out game day party invites, and to keep in touch with family that lives elsewhere. We even taught her grandmother how to use it, as a way to keep updated on baby news and for her to interact with her church.

I've wondered if our library could use this for spreading information, but I feel like the librarians and/or management would not be quick to adapt to using this new technology (though my manager did mention twitter the other day, though it was to say she did not use it).

No comments:

Post a Comment