Sunday, October 11, 2009

If only I had done this first...

Wow. The reserch project calender rocks. It seems like it was built for procrastinators like myself. Just putting in random dates it generated a whole checklist of things, each clickable for more information.

I think this tool might be especially useful to high school students who are learning how to managed their time. I have always believed that every student needs to learn good habits of how to study and time management, something I was not taught and continue to struggle with even now (as evidenced by the day before marathon blog session).

There is some especially good information in Step 2 dealing with gathering of information. This is another area I think young people need help with, as google has shown us that merely typing in some keywords will give us everything we need to know about anything (not really). The idea of authority (something I'm glad we are talking about in many of my classes) is a lesson that needs to be brought to the forefront of young people's education.

No comments:

Post a Comment